September & October





















Life is so full right now, I don't even know where to begin.... but let me just start with saying I love it. I love it ALL and that "all" is SO much. There's so much good and a little bad, but I even love those things that are a little bad because what good would all the good be without a little bad to remind us of how good the good really is? Right? So even though I wouldn't mind never having to change a poopy diaper ever again, I'm thankful that I get to because it means I have two healthy kids who need me. The dishes in the sink and the crumbs on the floor mean that we've had plenty to eat, the piles of laundry that never seem to end mean that we are clothed beyond our need, the feeling of slight exhaustion that haunts me means that I'm able to be a stay-at-home mama with a hard working husband who makes it all possible... so yes, although it's hard at times, I am so incredibly thankful for it ALL. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't have a moment of absolute awe, just in disbelief that THIS is my life. -

Israelene is all the magic I could have ever hoped a daughter to be. She is the chubby little baby I always imagined; rolls upon rolls and the cutest double chin you ever did see! She's definitely bigger than her brother at this age... Kamu was always in the 50th percentile for everything and Izzy is solidly in the 95th! Her eyes are still a deep unfathomable blue and they never fail to memorizes. Strangers complement her beauty every time we're out and I'm beginning to feel self-conscious... like clearly this beautiful baby couldn't be MINE, because I'm a hot mess. lol Her hair is still dark and when it's wet or damp it looks to have a wave and I'm hoping that she got her daddy's curly Hawaiian hair! She is currently (And hopefully forever will be) a good sleeper! (Knock on wood.) She sleeps for 5 to 8 hour stretches and it's very confusing and wonderful to me since Kamu never ever slept like that! She is also an every-other-day pooper and toots aaaaaaallllllll the time, which never fails to make us giggle. I don't care how mature you are, when a baby farts, you giggle! It's just the way it is. Israelene is currently in the 3-6 month clothing range, quickly outgrowing her 3 month stuff. She holds her head up like a champ, and is proving to be as athletic as her brother, already doing some stomach crunches, desperately trying to sit up! 

Some Kamuela stories for posterity:

"One more minute" holding up 1 finger

Saying things are "super" ... "super cool" "super nummy" etc. 

"I do myself" (to everything lol)

"I big boy" (going poo or potty in the toilet) 

"Mama no help me!" When he does something himself. 

"Sweet home sweet home" whenever we come home. Or he'll ask "Going home sweet home?" when we're out.

"My do it myself."

"One more minute." When I asked him to stop kissing Izzy. 

"Mama, I right back." Before leaving the room to get something upstairs. 

He is always super excited to see Uncle Dan! No offense to any other uncles, but Dan might be the favorite. ;-)

He recognizes the way to the Arnall's house and as soon as he realizes where we are going he yells "COUSIN'S HOUSE!" 

“HAY MOMMM!” He yells, supper sassy at me whenever I do something that he doesn't approve of. 

“Come Mama come.” While beckoning with his palm up, bending his fingers. 

Josh used the expression "Let's hit the road!" when we were packing up to go to Oregon and Kamu goes "Hit the road? BOOM!" and punched the air... as if he was hitting the road. LOL 

When Kamu was sweeping up the floor, Papa asked how much he gets paid and Kamu responded with:  “Five and five bucks!”

Gives Izzy kisses every single chance he gets. And when he gets hurt, he doesn't want Mama or Daddy kisses, he wants "Baby kiss it." to make him feel better. It melts me every single time!

More often than not, he refers to Little Sister as "Isa-ween Joy" and I just CAN'T. He'll also say things like "Oh hi Blue Eyes!" and other comments that he has heard his mom and dad say to Little Sister. 

His absolute favorite candy is lollipops and he asks for them every chance he gets.

He refers to his friend Eliott as "My buddy Elliot!" which is just too cute!

He's able to calm himself down when throwing a fit or whining too much (deep breaths, asks again in a nice voice with a good attitude, using kind words which never fails to make us melt). I'm not entirely sure if this makes me super proud or really worried as I'm not sure if we've taught him a good coping skill or just how to manipulate us by being so darn cute when he asks nicely.  










Israelene's first Halloween. She was going to be the football but I couldn't find our football onsie... so she was the Left Tackle... because she's a beast! lol 



Comments

Popular Posts