Happy Second Birthday Kamuela James!

My son is two. I have a 2-year-old. It's been TWO years since Kamuela James was born.

No matter how I say it, I still can't wrap my mind around it.

He's amazing. Every day, he astonishes me, he amazes me, he humbles me, he teaches me, he inspires me. He is magic. He is everything. And he is growing up entirely too fast.



Happy birthday Buggah! Thank you for being born. Thank you for being our son. Thank you for being the most incredible little boy. You are so sweet, so polite, so thoughtful and empathetic, kind, and loving. You're adventurous in a way that makes me so proud, even as it scares me to death. You've given me a million little heart attacks, and a million and one things to brag about. You're outgoing until you pretend to be shy, and when you do that, it always makes me wonder what it is that you know about the person. You are an athlete in every sense of the word. You go full force into everything and we have yet to find a game that you don't want to play. I cannot wait to see what you decide to do with all your seemingly effortless and natural talent. You are an absolute joy to be around (until you're hungry or tired.... like your mama) and you make people smile wherever you go.

I love you more than I ever thought possible, more every single day, the most that I can possibly love you. I love the way you call me "Mama" and how you call your dad "Daddy". I love that you give the best snuggles and even though you're not as liberal as you once were with kisses, when you do give them, it's the best. I love when you randomly will lay your head on my shoulder, or just lean into me. It reminds me that I always need to be strong and steadfast to hold you up and that I always need to be a safe place for you to land. I promise that you can always find rest with me Buggah, always.

Comments

Popular Posts