Nicole + Justus | Salem Engagement Photography

One of my favorite things about being a photographer is when I'm able to document the special times in the lives of my friends, it truly is the greatest honor. And this time, I am SO excited to be able to take my best friend's engagement photos. I've been friends with Nicole since fifth grade and we have been through a lot together over the years, A LOT. And I know all the reasons why Nicole might be scared of getting married, I know why she wanted to wait for so long... but I also know that I have never seen her as happy as she is when she talks about her fiance, Justus. I still remember the first time she told me about him, the smile that was in her voice. It's a smile that hasn't gone away in almost five years and I will forever be thankful to Justus for making her so happy. He is one of the kindest guys that I have ever met and an absolute perfect match for my best friend. Want an example? How about when Nicole wanted to take some engagement pictures at the Salem Waterfront Carousel but it was closing when we got there and Justus talked the attendant into letting us in so we could get some pictures?! Perfect. 







After the carousel, we wondered around the waterfront park for more pictures in the yummy early evening light.


This guy's name is Gideon. He was reading his Bible on a park bench and when he saw us taking pictures, asked Nicole and Justus if they are getting married and when they answered yes, he offered to pray for them. It was the sweetest thing. 





This. This is how they will be laughing and loving for the rest of their lives. This is everything.




Nicole, now that I am an 'ol married lady, I can say with all honesty that marriage is awesome, it's the best, the greatest thing that you can possibly do. I am so unbelievably excited for you. Justus, thank you for all that you do to make Nicole happy, I love you for that more than I can ever explain.

Comments

Popular Posts