Do Work

When my sister got married, someone gave her one of those little books full of flowery quotes about love and marriage. I remember skimming through it, laughing at a couple cheesy ones, sighing at the sweet ones, and then reading out loud one that said something to the effect of, "Get yourself a hard working man!" I looked up at Mari and she smiled and said "Exactly" because we both knew that her man was one of the hard working ones. I smiled, so happy for her, and wondered to my self if I would ever meet someone as amazing as Brian...



And then I did. And let me tell you, among Josh's endless amazing qualities that make him one of the best men I know, being a hard worker is at the top of the list. What do I mean? Here, I'll paint a little picture for you: Josh has been in Japan since January 3rd. It is currently March 12th. During all that time, roughly two and half months, he has only had FOUR days off, two of which he took leave for in order to get me from the airport. And ALL of those workdays have been TWELVE hour days, which are actually more like 14 hour days with the commute to and from work. Josh has worked over 300 hours of overtime already this year... that's almost as much overtime as regular working hours. It is INSANE. He gets up at 4:30am, doesn't usually get home until 7pm or so and is asleep by 9:30pm at the latest only to get up 7 hours later and do it all over again.



And the craziest part? He does NOT complain. In the morning he hasn't once said "Ugh I hate going to work" or "I don't want to go in today" or any of the things that I'm sure I would be saying! When he gets home, he's tired yes, but never grumpy or mad from having to work so long. I've heard a lot of people complain more about their part-time jobs and their 9-to-5 schedules then I've heard Josh say anything negative about his 12 hour day, 7 days a week schedule! He simply does NOT complain. HE JUST DOES THE WORK.



I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that he gets this weekend off. These shipyard men need some time off! I truly do NOT know how Josh and Bruce survive this kind of schedule; it's inspiring really. I definitely can never complain about a random long day of shooting ever again, that's for sure!


I bet Josh will get all embarrassed that I posted all this about him; he's far too humble to brag about how hard he's been working over here, but me? Well, I am far too proud of him not to brag! The fact that he's been working so much is amazing enough but the fact that Josh does it without complaining? Only makes me respect and admire him all the more. "Get yourself a hard working man!" says the book... done and done! :-D

Comments

Popular Posts