Leap Year

Really Feburary? Really?! This year you just had to throw in an extra day so that I am forced to wait an extra 24 hours until I get to go see Josh. REEEEAAALLLLLLY?! Ugh. On top of all the waiting, I also woke up with a migraine of epic proportions. Awesome. It looks like this Leap Year Day is not going to be a good one. If I were in Ireland today, it would be a different story...


"Hey ladies, if your fella has been dragging his feet on the whole marriage thing, today’s the day to take matters in hand and pop the question yourself. According to legend, women are given a one-day pass every four years on Feb. 29, to ask a man for his hand in marriage. The practice apparently dates back to 5th century Ireland when St. Bridget complained to St. Patrick on behalf of all women waiting much too long for their men to propose. So women were given a one-day window of opportunity every four years on Feb. 29 to propose. A 1288 law by Queen Margaret of Scotland also supposedly fined men who refused the marriage proposal. Those fines ranged from a kiss to a silk gown, or so say the folks at Wikipedia." - Source




Just some fun Leap Year facts for everyone. :) I'm barely functioning at the moment so I think I better take a nap and head back  up to Washington... it's time to pack for Japan! 


I'll leave you with this... hope it makes you smile! 



Happy Leap Year everybody! xo

Comments

Popular Posts