Precious Photographs

It always makes my heart so happy when, on a whim, I open a neglected desk drawer and find a precious treasure, long forgotten under old birthday cards and a layer of dust, a sweet, sweet memory of the past.


It may just seem like a grainy old photograph to you... but that's me at 2-year-old with my Grammy who has passed away and my Papa who hates having his picture taken, feeding a deer that I fed every summer  of my childhood at Cow Camp. It is such a happy memory for me and I am so thankful that I found it... thank you Dad for taking it [I'm sure] and for keeping it all these years. 

And so I ask you once again; why can't you be bothered to take out your camera and take a few pictures every now and again? This is what you're stealing from your future self and from your children; that precious moment when you happen upon the photograph and your heart gets warmed by the memory of something you didn't even realize that you missed. It is precious, precious indeed. 

Comments

Popular Posts