Palace of Fine Arts

map of SF


Today, the brother and I took a cable car down down to Fisherman's Wharf for lunch and then set out, by foot, towards the Golden Gate Bridge. I had it in mind to go to Presidio National Park, for no other reason then that it looked important on the map we were given. I had no expectations and my only hope was that I would be able to get a decent picture of the Golden Gate Bridge. We had a lovely walk in the warm California sunshine (clear skies, high of 64, it was perfect!), stopped for some Ghirardelli ice cream at Ghirardelli Square and took in the view of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge form Fort Mason. By the time we finally made it to outskirts of Presidio, we were both fairly exhausted from all the walking. Or more accurately, our toes were thoroughly exhausted! We stopped to use the restroom at the Exploratorium and were starting to look for a bus to take back to the hotel when we noticed some amazing Roman/Greek looking ruins off to the left. "Let's walk through here" I said... and oh man, I am so glad we did! The Palace of Fine Arts is a gorgeous structure, left over from the 1915 World's Fair. The towering columns, the classical statues, the way the light filtered in through the massive rotunda... it's breathtaking. I seriously have a kink in my neck from craning my head around so much, trying to take it all in. I wasn't able to get that great of photos of it with my 50mm but trust me when I say, if you're even in San Francisco, go here.



angel


And don't forget, only a few days left to take advantage of the JAPAN SPECIAL! Pre-purchase your 2012 photo session at last year's prices! E-mail me at B.Raelene@gmail.com if you're interested! 

Comments

Popular Posts