Hau`oli la Hanau Malia!

So a few weeks ago, when I asked the boyfriend's youngest niece what she wanted for her 7th birthday, she coyly responded, "I don't know." So I, offhandedly, said "Oh, well then maybe we can just go on a date!" Her response was a very enthusiastic "YESSSSSSS!!!!" and if I remember correctly there was hugging involved.

A week went by and her birthday got closer and I honestly thought that Malia had forgotten about the whole thing... until after Bible Study when she was counting the days till her birthday, and she looked over at me with a big smile and said she couldn't wait until our date! Oh? So that's really happening??? I hadn't meant it to be ON her birthday but Malia thought it was a great idea for us to go on our date while her family decorated the house for her birthday... and as long as it was okay with her mama, I wasn't going to argue!

So here's what we did...

the birthday girl

riding in the car

at the mall, per her request

At Barnes and Nobel, entering an American Girl doll drawing

dropping it in

checking to make sure it's in! :)

calling Mom to tell her about it! :)

at Claire's




buying accessories with her birthday money from Grandpa



ice cream!




at Toys R Us

with the youngest party guest, back at home

cake

"It's My Birthday!"


Happy birthday Malia! Thanks for the awesome date! I love you and can't wait for our next date, call me anytime! XO

Comments

Popular Posts