Best Years of My Life

Yesterday, June 5th, marked the two year anniversary of dating for me and my beloved. That's two years of [unwedded] bliss! ;-) But truly, it has been two years of more happiness, more joy, more growth, more battles, more tears, more victories, and so much more love and friendship then I have ever dared to dream of.

As much as I was looking forward to our anniversary, I really didn't have any expectations of how we would be celebrating because Josh has just been so busy with his house and I honestly didn't think he had a minute to plan anything at all and I didn't want to take him away from everything he needed to do by planning something extravagant. All I was hoping for was to get to spend some time together. Little did I know, that along with the million other things he was doing, my amazing boyfriend also planned the most perfect date night ever....

We started our day at Sunday morning meeting [church], which is always a good way to start the day. :-) And of course it added to the specialness of the day because meeting is where Josh and I first met, back in April 2008. After meeting, Josh's sister and her family came over to his house for lunch... and at this point I figured that maybe Josh had forgotten that it was our anniversary and we weren't going to be doing anything at all. I tried not to be too disappointed. But then all that disappointment evaporated and was replaced with excitement when Josh told me that I needed to leave so he could set up for our date. Whaaaaaa?! Okay! He didn't tell me what was going on except that he would pick my up at 8!

So I went back to my place for 5 hours of laundry and waited anxiously for my love to pick me up. At 8:30pm [he was late of course, he runs on Hawaiian time still], Josh picks me up and takes me back to his house. We walk up the front steps and... he knocks. On his own front door. Huh?

And then Noah opens the door, wearing black dress pants and a black collared dress shirt, welcoming us to the "restaurant"! He walks us to the back and deck and I stunned to see that the big empty deck was now filled with a gorgeous patio dining set, white lights and ivy all around the railing, and the table set for two. It was so beautiful. Noah handed us a menu and wished us an enjoyable dinner. I am completely blown away by the transformation of the lanai, it was so romantic!

Next, Kaimana comes out, also dressed up like a waiter, complete with his nose up in the air. He poured sparkling cider into our wine glasses and then our appetizers of edamame and asian salad were brought out [served on the sushi dishes Josh bought for me when he was in Japan]. Once we finished with the appetizers, a small grill was placed on the table, already hot with burning coals, and a bowl of raw steak was brought out. WHAT? It was like our own personal hibachi restaurant! SO AMAZING.


Please excuse the low quality iPhone pics. :)

Noah and Mana were fantastic waiters and provided outstanding service and hilarious entertainment. Josh had asked them to be waiters; they of course, went above and beyond and made the night that much more memorable and fun, added their own personal touch to everything. The highlight was when they came outside, singing "Stand By Me" and then broke out into the haka! So freaking hilarious!



Overall, dinner was delicious, the service was excellent, the setting was perfectly romantic, and I was completely humbled by the time and effort that Josh took to plan such an amazing special evening for me. Two years later and I am still just absolutely head-over-heals in love with this man.

Baby, thank you so much for such an amazing, thoughtful, and fun date night! I can't believe that it's already been two years. These past two years have been the best years of my life and I am so thankful that I have you in my life. I am so proud of how much we have grown over the past year and how much we have overcome. It's amazing to think that as much as I loved you on our one year anniversary, I love you even more now.  Thank you for never giving up on me, on us, and thank you for loving me the most. I love you just as much. Forever. XOXOXO

Comments

  1. Awwwww good job Josh (and Mana and Noah!)!! What an awesome idea and what a fun and memorable dinner! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts