Lake Tapps Wedding: Damon & Carol

I hadn't met Carol or Damon before their wedding day, besides a few friendly e-mail with Carol during the booking process. I had no idea who they were or what they looked like and when I knocked on the door of a place that I had never been, I held my breathe, hoping that I was at the right place. I was nervous about how I would fit into the wedding day of these people that I didn't know... but then I met Damon. And I saw him reading his Bible as he waited for Carol to get ready. And then I met Carol, and saw the smile on her face that would not go away. And then... I saw the way Damon looked at Carol when she walked into the room. That look, I recognized. That look, I knew was the look of a man who was looking at the woman that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Suddenly, I was no longer nervous because I did know them because I knew this love. And I knew that this was the kind of wedding that I love to photograph; where it's not about the flowers, or location, or how many guests they have. It was about the love between two people and the vows that they were making to each other.




They had a very small and sweet wedding... here's EVERYBODY who was there. A great group of loving and supportive people.





Carol and Damon, it was so nice to meet you and thank you so much for letting me be a part of your special day. I love being reminded that the center of a wedding is meant to be love. It was so beautiful, simple and sweet and I wish you nothing but the best in your life together.

Comments

Popular Posts