Of Valentine's Day and Hallmark Holidays

I can't help it. When it comes to holidays, I'm pretty much a 5-year-old. I love holidays! All of them. And not just Christmas and Thanksgiving. I'm talking about St. Patrick's Day, when I wear green and pinch everyone who doesn't. Then there's Easter, when I get to wear a new dress and hunt for eggs in the grass. Fourth of July? You'll find me at a picnic with watermelon and sparklers... and yes, all in red, white and blue. (Ummm, I'm just seeing the connection between the holidays and clothes I wear, I am such a nerd!) So you can bet that I'm wearing something red right now and that I'm loving all the hearts and roses everywhere. And it's not just because I have the most amazing Valentine. (Hi Baby!) No... my love for holidays stems from a childhood of Easter baskets, leprechaun coins, and chocolate hearts. To this day, my mom still gives little holiday presents to us kids. (THANKS MOM!) So I just can't help me, it's the way that I was raised, I simply love holidays!

And yeah okay, so it does help that I have the most amazing Valentine ever. EVER! He's all the way in New Hampshire, working 12 hour days, 6 days a week but he still found the time to send me these:
Not only did he get me something for Valentine's Day, he got me the Toms shoes that he knew I had been wanting for a while... because he listens. And that's probably the best gift he gives me. Every day. Like I said, BEST VALENTINE EVAH. Thanks for the shoes Baby! And for being my favorite Valentine, every day.

Comments

Popular Posts