Random Wednesday

I have gotten a total of 5 hours of sleep in the last 30 hours and I am barely functioning. I took my boyfriend to the airport this morning; he's going to be out in New Hampshire for a couple of weeks (hopefully JUST a couple of weeks!) and I have to say, I'm not looking forward to being apart. It's not that it's hard for our relationship or anything like that... I just prefer to be together, as most couples do. :) The worst thing about being apart is when it's in different time zones and he's on a weird work schedule, which makes it difficult to get in touch and all that.

However, I don't feel like I can really complain. My friend Kya's husband is in the Navy and he has been gone since November... out at sea... in a SUBMARINE. Which means she can't call him AT ALL and she only gets random e-mails every once in a while, sometimes not for weeks, and she has absolutely no idea where he is. Suddenly my being restricted to only one skype session a day doesn't seem like all that big of a sacrifice.

So I just wanted to give a quick little shout out to all those serving our country and to all their families who wait for them at home; THANK YOU. And to Kya, I hope Mark is home by tonight!

Comments

Popular Posts