Paracas


Paracas, Peru is a small town, on the edge of the Pacific Ocean. Multitudes of fishing boats and tour boats sit in the harbor. Large, oversized pelicans, meander up and down the boardwalk. Dogs search for scraps of food under the outdoor dining tables. Local musicians move from one restaurant to the next, playing their songs and holding out their hat. We arrived on Wednesday afternoon, after a four hour bus ride, settled in, then took a tour of the National Reserve there. Basically, it was the desert. Next to the Ocean. Not too exciting. But still, beautiful.



The coolest part was this random little fishing stop where there was a couple of restaurants and lots of old wood boats.



On Thursday morning we clamored aboard one of the tourist boats to take a tour of an island. It was a thirty minute boat ride and I had no idea what to expect. Imagine my delight when I saw the pelicans racing through the wind beside us and sea lions (American Sea Lions no less), speeding though the boat's wake. Then we passed by a "candelabra" on the hill, supposedly put their by aliens. It's a design in the sand... that is always there! I totally believe the alien theory.




We continued on and out to see, finally slowing down at large, rocky, spotted island. Oh wait, those aren't spots, they're BIRDS. Thousands and thousands of birds. Seagulls, pelicans, penguins, and more. Yes, I said PENGUINS!




Uh, I can't find a picture of the penguins. I know I have one though.... somewhere... too many photos. I promise to finish this post later, in more completion. :)

Comments

Popular Posts