I am blessed.

I love me life. I really, really really, REALLY LOVE my life. As far as lives go, I have a really good one. And I'm totally not saying this in a boasting manner, I'm saying this in complete awe and disbelief. Sometimes I can't believe that THIS is MY life. Sometimes I really feel like it's all just a glitch in the matrix and really, there's no way that my life could be this good. Clearly there has been a mistake made somewhere. These last couple of weeks have really made me aware of the incredible amount of blessings that have been bestowed upon me. It's quite overwhelming. In the best possible way.

To start off with, I have the most AMAZING family. No really, each person in my family? AMAZING. I don't know what I did in a past life to deserve to be surrounded by such loving and supportive people, but I am eternally, every day, every moment, grateful. My parents raised me right, my sister is my role model, my brother is my inspiration... even my brother-in-law is amazing. What more could a girl ask for? I would not be who I am, I would not be where I am, without them.

Secondly, and the thing that I find the most mind-boggeling, I have the love of a good INCREDIBLE man. It's not even that he's perfect (which he kinda is actually, but I might be a wee bit biased on that), mostly it's that he is perfect FOR ME. (And that's just a fact.) If he is a part of the glitch in the matrix, I hope it NEVER gets corrected. Never. NEVEREVER. He is the best thing to ever happen to me and I am constantly amazed that he loves me as much as I love him. He's the one that I cannot live without.

Also, I just got back from two weeks in Peru. At the begining of this year, I was in New York, then I helped my brother move out of Texas, plus I spent a week in Hawaii for a working vacation. Last year, I went to Hawaii with my dad and grandparents, had another Oregon-Texas road trip with my brother, and oh yeah, spent two months in Europe crossing off a whole bunch of countries from my "Must-See-Before-I-Die" list. WHAT! Who am I? I have always, ALWAYS dreamed of traveling like this, ever since I can remember. When I was in middle school I was lucky enough to have parents who helped fund-raise money to get me to go on the Japan exchange trip and the historical east coast tour with school. I love and treasure those memories but I honestly thought that would be the extent of my travels. But to think that I actually am traveling like this, that dreams do come true, and that I am lucky enough to explore the world?! It's such an unbelievable experience... As in, I don't believe it. It just does NOT seem real to me! Sometimes something will remind me of an experience and I'll start a story with "When I was in Scotland..." and then I laugh. Because I just can not believe that I'm THAT person. You know, the annoying person with stories from all over the world? Yep. The one that I would roll my eyes at but was secretly totally jealous of? Yeah, that one. That's me. I actually became the person that I was once jealous of... wow.

Another thing that makes my life so fantastic? My job. Or "job" to some of you. :) I know that I haven't quite "made it" yet... I'm not raking in the mega bucks or booked for two years in advanced... but that's okay. I still get paid to do what I love... and that is priceless.

The cherry on top of it all? I have fantastic friends. Friends who are loving, caring, supportive, honest, encouraging, and oh so beautiful. If it's true that we are the company we keep, I have to say, I'm in pretty darn good shape! And I wouldn't have it any other way.

So... even though I've been in bed all day, haven't eaten anything but toast for two days, have the worst stomach flu + head cold combination that I've ever experienced... I still LOVE.MY.LIFE.

Yeah... it's THAT freaking good. Thank you to my Joshua, my incredible family, and my amazing friends (including YOU) who have all helped make me who I am, and help make my life so amazing blessed. I thank God for you every night in my prayers.

self portrait at el centro in Lima, Peru 12-14-10. More blog posts about Peru coming soon... :)

Comments

Popular Posts