"Where all is peaceful, calm, and still."

Earlier in the week, I was inspired by boyfriend's brother's facebook profile picture to do an outdoor yoga series. (Which just goes to show you that inspiration can strike anywhere, anytime.) Yoga to me is something that evokes calm, peace, and relaxation. When I imagined doing a yoga series, I wanted a location that epitomized those qualities. So where else would I go but to water! (hello, I am the ultimate water baby.) I wanted to do it on a dock because I was hoping to get some foggy pictures but I wasn't sure where to go. Luckily my model knew of a good spot! So we woke up early Friday morning, threw on our Ugg boots, grabbed my camera and her yoga mat, and headed out to a beautiful waterfront park in Allyn that had a perfect, albeit seagull poop covered, dock. And I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with the results! Nothing makes me happier as a photographer to have an inspiration turn into a concept turn into a shoot and come out exactly how I imagined it:














Thank you to my gorgeous model, Esther!

Esther owns Form Fit, an awesome 24 hour fitness center in Belfair, WA. She's easily one of the nicest people I know... and prettiest.

Comments

  1. OhMyGoodness I LOVE these pictures!! The color and feel to them is astounding and perfect- makes me want to learn yoga :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really REALLY like this shoot, Bethany!! I especially like the 'tree pose' shot, where the fog is rolling over the dock a bit, and the sun is glinting through the clouds. I think this practice proved perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts