Unbreak my heart...

My heart honestly breaks a little when people pay GOOD money (as in A LOT) for BAD photography.

Yes, I know, everyone has their opinion and "to each their own" and yada yada yada, but when it comes down to it, there is such a thing as bad, mediocre, nothin' special photography. It's just that there are SO many talented photographers out there, (it's seriously overwhelming when I see all the amazing talent out there), that there is absolutely no reason to hire someone who is mediocre. Honestly! They can have a ton of equipment and all the fancy gear, and not have a good eye. When you pay a lot of money for your photos, you shouldn't be paying for that photographer's equipment, you should be paying for their style, vision, and expertise. Trust me, the camera doesn't make the photos, the PHOTOGRAPHER does. And I don't think that I'm the best that there is, I know I still have a lot to learn and there's always room for improvement, but I also know that I'm not the worst. And I usually charge a lot less then some of these ho-humm guys I see.

Moral of the story? You should have hired me! :-D Or at least consulted me! I have a million and one other photographers that I could have recommended. But seriously, you know how you wish you could tell all the tone-deaf people, like me, to stop singing? That's how I feel when I see blah photographs being passed off as professional art.

*sigh*

Comments

Popular Posts