To My Dear Mari Sue,




Happy belated birthday! Forgive me for being so late, I was busy attempting to learn how to play golf on your actual birthday (June 12... for those who aren't in the know). Unfortunately, due largely in part to your coaching, I was not very successful. Did you ever figure out if I was supposed to twist and not turn, or turn and not twist? No matter, it was still an incredibly fun day and I am so thankful that I got to be there, (with Brad too!), to celebrate your last twenty-something birthday. Where your golf coaching abilities are lacking, you have by far made up for it in other various areas, and I just wanted to thank you for all that you have taught me over the years... things like:

Go to meeting (church). Even if you have to borrow somebody's car and it's stick shift and you don't know how to drive stick. Just say you do and try your best... as long as it gets you to meeting!

Always send a "Thank You" note. One that you made. It's a small, simple thing that means a lot.

When hosting a dinner party, or lunch, or bridal shower, or baby shower, or any such party, ALWAYS have a theme. This instantly makes the party way cooler than any other party.

Make your own Halloween costumes. Everybody in the "naughty nurse" and "naughty cop" outfits will be way jealous.

How to shoot a backhand (water polo shot). It's the shot that gets the loudest cheers. Every. Single. Time.

Marry a hard working, God fearing, amazing man who loves you the most.

When you do a job, do it to the best of your abilities. Not only does this make you feel good, and other people notice your work, and you get promoted! A lot.

Have fabulous high heels. And walk properly in them!

Don't be a sissy girl! Eat that food, do that job, carry that yourself, bungee jump, run with the bulls! DO NOT BE A SISSY.

Be a good example. And if you've made mistakes, don't be afraid to admit them and warn someone (like your little sister) not to make the same mistakes.

... I could go on all night. But basically, I have learned a LOT from my big sister. And I am so so SO thankful. Sometimes I feel sorry for her because she's the oldest and was the trial kid that Mom and Dad learned how to be parents with. She always had the most rules to follow and had the pressure to be a good example for her little brother and sister. Luckily, she did a good a job and shouldered that responsibility well. Me? I was the youngest child and had no curfew and as long as I did as good as Mari and Brad in school and sports, I was just fine. :-) Thanks Sis.

Thank you for everything. I know I blog about you a lot, but it's because you're probably the biggest influences on my life... no pressure. I love you so much and am incredibly thankful that you are my sister and my absolute best friend. I hope that when you leave this earth, I leave one second before you because I simply cannot imagine my life without you.

Happy Birthday Sis!





Comments

  1. There you go, you had to go and make me cry. Love you beyond words Bethers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts