From Mother's Day

I finally got these off my camera and thought I would throw them up on the bloggity blog.


This is my sister, Mari, my mother, Lisa, and me, Bethany. Sometimes we look a lot alike, sometimes we look nothing alike. Mom and Mari used to both have slightly fizzy hair and wear large, round glasses. When they stood side by side, it was pretty much like looking at the young and older version of the exact same person. Mari and I, on the other hand, are brunettes and blonds, respectively, but if you looked past appearances, you would think that we were the same person because our sense of humor, interests, opinions, sensitivity, and style, are pretty much indistinguishable. Most of the time, that means we're always on the same page, we finish each other sentences, and can communicate with a single glance. It drives her husband crazy. Other times, however, it means for epic arguments because we're both so darn stubborn. Luckily, those are only once in a blue moon.





Mom and I have become the best of friends, which sounds so corny but it really is true. I can talk to my mom about anything, she knows all my secrets and doesn't judge me for the mistakes I've made. She's my number one fan, a constant cheerleader, always pushes me to achieve more, supports me unconditionally, and is pretty much just overall an awesome person. I'm so thankful that my mom is someone that I get along with and someone I like to hang out with, but trust me, it wasn't always that way. I think that the reason Mom and I can be friends now is because she wasn't concerned with being my friend when I was growing up, she was always my mom first, always a parent. And yes, there were times when I "hated" my mom, but I love her for the way she raised me and helped make me into a woman that she can be proud of. Thanks Mom.


This is Mari and Brian. You've seen them before here. Brian is awesome and Mom loves him like a son, which says a lot. She loves that he always writes his own little part on the Mother's Day and birthday cards that she receives from them. Plus, he's come to terms with the fact that he has to share Mari with me, so I have to say, he makes a pretty good brother-in-law!




I can't wait for them to have a reason to really celebrate Mother's Day! hahahahahaha, Sorry Sis!

xoxo,

Comments

  1. You stinker! Oh. And I'm stealing some pics for MY blog. thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts