Dreaming of Hawaii...

Last year was an amazing, epic, red-letter, dreams-came-true, glorious year for me. I was finally able to let a lot of bad things go and become capable of letting some really amazing things in. I never thought 2009 was going to turn out to be the best year of my life, especially since previously the best year of my life was 1991-1992, when I was in kindergarten.

One year ago in January of 2009, you would have found me editing my second wedding (which I got as a fluke), working part time at Cost Plus World Market, slightly depressed and jaded over boys, and getting ready to head back to school at the Art Institute of Portland for graphic design. I was back at my mom's house, trying to save money and figure out what I was going to do with my life. Long story short... I was floundering.

In February I went to Texas to visit my brother and take a break from life.


It was great to have some one-on-one time with my big brother and I really wish he didn't live so far away. After a great trip full of ice cream, hockey, boxer dogs, sweet tea, and big Texas skies, but all too soon it was back to reality for me and my reality wasn't all that exciting.

But then, in April, things started to look up. I accompanied my grandparents and father on a vacation to Hawaii and met someone who has completely changed my life...

That's the very first picture of I have of my boyfriend, Josh. We met at church in Waimea, Hawaii. He was in Hawaii working at Pearl Harbor but spending the weekend at his sister's on the Big Island. The best part? He actually lived only 3 hours away from me back in the Pacific Northwest... what are the odds of that?! I say it's fate.... :-D

Here's a few more of my memories from Hawaii...











I recently got hired for an Oahu wedding (by one of Josh's friends) and ever since I bought our plane tickets, I can't stop dreaming of being back there with my love, back where the best year of my life all started. I get to "work"( really, how can doing what is my passion actually be called "WORK"?!) while I'm there and spend some time with my man in the sun and surf and enjoying some more shave ice! Man, the way this is going, 2010 might just turn out to be the best year ever since the last one...

Comments

  1. Mmm :) I like this entry! I agree, it must be fate! Happy for you and looking forward to seeing you guys in Seattle next month!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts