Sakura

Well, I can now officially check off "See the cherry blossoms in Japan" from my bucket list! (Dream come true.) Ever since I got here I've been searching the trees for those pale pink blossoms but they seemed to be extreamly elusive and I was getting worried that my trip was just too early and I was going to be leaving Japan without seeing them.  Finally, Josh found out from the travel agent on base, of a place where the trees would already be blooming and got directions that were easy enough for me to follow. So the other day, I wondered off by myself to find this place and  sure enough, as soon as I exited the train station, there they were... all soft and pink, like a cotton candy cloud anchored to earth by the trees branches just for me. I couldn't help but smile. 





Since then, the weather has warmed up a wee bit and there are more and more blooms showing up...




And when Bruce, Micah, and I out yesterday to this awesome park (similar to Washington Park in Portland, OR), I finally got a picture with the cherry blossoms! 

I don't know what it is exactly but there is just something so beautiful and feminine and so lovely about the sakura that I absolutely adore. I think when I get home I'm going to find a tree and prune it down and fill my room with them so that I can wake every day to that fluffy pink cloud. :) 

Comments

Popular Posts