Japan 7







For as long as I've been dating Josh I have heard about this mystery dessert called "malasadas" from Leonard's (or Tex Drive In) in Hawaii. Josh always described it as a "doughnut ball kind of thingy" or something like that. Whatever. Well, it turns out that there's a Leonard's here in Japan, at the Yogosuka train station (which is the station for Josh's work) and so I finally got to taste what all the fuss was about. 


And frankly, Josh's description did NOT do it justice. What he should have said was "it's a warm ball of delicious bread dough that fluffy and light, wrapped in sweet sugar that dissolves softly on your tongue and basically tastes like the best elephant ear you've ever had... but BETTER." Yes, it's THAT good. Are you drooling yet? 



Of course, I find it hilarious that I'm in Japan and somehow Josh still manages to find the Hawaiian food. Not that I'm complaining though! I've already been back to Leonard's three times! Yummmmm. 







Comments

  1. Brian loves Leonard's malasadas!! We had them a couple of times in HI last time we were there! One more reason why are men are bestgoodfriends! ;) Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts