A Photographer's Wishlist

If anybody has a photographer that they're shopping for this holiday season [Hi Mom and Dad!] here are a few gifts ideas that I'm sure any photographer [*cough*especiallyme*cough*] would be happy to find under their Christmas tree...

For all those wedding photographers, I'm sure the would LOVE photographer Jose Villa's Fine Art Wedding book. It can be ordered HERE or probably amazon.com or other book retailers. Jose Villa is an incredible wedding photographer and his book is sure to teach and inspire any and all wedding photographers, aspiring or professional. 

Another good gift to inspire and educate is the Life Finder DVD's by photographer Jeremy Cowart. They're even on sale HERE! Jeremy Cowart does incredible commercial work and amazing personal work that always challenges and inspires me to do better and be better.

Any wedding photographer will probably know who Jasmin Star is and if they haven't already bought it for themselves [like I haven't], you should definitely get them a copy of her magazine Exposed, which can be order HERE. I just realized that when you put her name next to her magazine and kinda sounds like it's going to be some sort of risky adult magazine but I assure you that Jasmin Star is an international wedding photographer and her magazine is a "photography magazine showcasing the beginning, struggles, mistakes, lessons, and minor victories". If it's as easy to read and as enjoyable to read as her blog is, I'm sure it will be a well received present. [hint hint]

Of course, if you don't want to buy something educational, I can pretty much guarantee that you'll be safe buying anything from Photojojo.com! There's plenty of small things that would make great stocking stuffers like the Camera Cookie Cutter Set or the wooden iPhone case or there's amazing gifts like the LIMITED EDITION POLAROID SX-70 or the Dreamy Diana Lens  that might just cause a photographer's heart to burst with joy. Remember, I shoot Canon now. :-D

Interested in getting the photographer in your life the latest and greates??? Then you should definitely get them the new Polaroid Z340 Instant Digital Camera! It's the best of both worlds. Check out this hilarious promo that Seattle photographer Chase Jarvis made:

If you still can't decide what to get me... erh, your photographer, and you've run out of time to order any of the above items that I so helpfully listed, there's always the joy of the gift card! Might I suggest a gift card from my favorite camera store, Pro Photo Supply in Portland. There's lenses to buy and/or rent, tons of accessories and equipment to get, prints to be made... and it can all be done at Pro Photo!

I hope this was helpful to everyone who is scrambling to find their favorite photographer an awesome present! And just remember... my birthday is only 3 months away so you might want to hold onto this list! :-D
View from Kingston-Edmonds Ferry on Saturday. Taken with iPhone.







Comments

Popular Posts