A quick thank you to my Joshua

Dear Joshua,

I don't know if I can ever adequately thank you for all that you do for me; and now, after this weekend, I have even MORE to thank you for. Here goes...

So, when I asked you to come to California with me for a wedding, it was out of sheer desperation. Kelsey couldn't make it due to previous work commitments and I was at a complete loss for who to ask to help me. I really only expected you to carry around my camera bag and hand me water or help corral people for photo opts. That's really all you signed up for. That, and helping me make the 600 mile drive to Redding and back. :) But instead of just a mere assistant, I got an incredible second shooter, a talented extra set of eyes, the best cheering squad, a moving motivational speaker, a patient sounding board, and an overall awesome assistant who learned quickly, took to heart my instructions and suggestions, worked hard and who went above and SO FAR BEYOND any and all expectations that I had. Thank you so much Baby! I literally teared up when I saw the photos you took. And not just out of relief either. They moved me. You did more than just take photos; you captured moments and memories of love and laughter. It wasn't random luck either, you didn't just get a few good shots, but a LOT. Which, I'm not going to lie, I was a wee bit surprised about! But you made conscience descions about the photos you took, following my direction and doing exactly what I hired you to do, be my backup. If my photos had somehow got lost or ruined, I would be 100% okay with giving the client your photos... I kid you not, you were THAT good! Just look...











Thank you. Thank you so much for being my support, for having my back, for trusting me to lead you in this and for being confident in my abilities. You are such a blessing in my life and I am so excited to share my business with you. I'm glad you got to see me in action (and realize how darn hard I work!) and I'm glad you were able to put aside being my boyfriend for a day and be my second shooter. Thank you so so so so much! I feel like this just does not even begin to explain how much you helped me this past weekend and how grateful I am for it all... but hopefully you get the idea. I love you Joshua, and I hope we get to work together again. :)


I especially adore this photo of the bride and groom. This is after the ceremony, after the bridal party photos, when they finally got a moment alone. I told them to take a second and say hi to each other... and Josh captured this sweet moment. Tears. In. My. Eyes.



Thanks again Baby. You the best. :-D


Love, your girl

All photos by: Joshua Recaido

Comments

  1. aww! this is SO sweet and made me tear up too! how special for both of you to go through that experience! and these photos ARE terrific!! (so fun to see things that we worked on in detail come to life!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your thankful heart makes mine thankful for you!
    and thanks for sharing...
    and thanks Josh for helping...
    and thanks... thanks... thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Joshua! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts