Gardening





My sister Mari is my older sister by 5 years. Growing up, those 5 years seemed to separate us like the Grand Canyon, she couldn't have been more of the big sister who knew everything and was too cool for words and I couldn't have been more of the annoying little sister who worshiped the ground Mari walked on. These days? Well, these days those 5 years could be 5 days for all we know because Mari is my best friend, my soulmate, my better half. We are two parts of the same person in only the way that people who grew up together, shared everything from clothes to secrets to broken hearts can be. I still look up to her and I still want to be just like her because she's still the coolest person I know. And when I'm in a funk (yes, i said funk, sometimes that's the only word to describe what's happening)... Mari is the only one who can get me out. She listens, she tells me (kindly) when I'm wrong, she helps me see the other side of situations without making me mad, and she makes everything better just by being there for me. If you don't have a sister, I'm not sure you can fully understand what I'm talking about... I am so thankful for my sister. And our simply awesome day of venting and gardening that we had on Saturday, it was such great therapy for me. Thanks Sis!




Photos from our trip to the Portland Nursery and Garden Center.

Comments

  1. I love you more than I could ever put into words in some comment box. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts