Photo Books

I had two weddings last weekend, Junior and Molly's on Friday and Dylan and Catherine's on Saturday. The brides are sisters and for both of their weddings their mom made photo books to use as the guest book, using the engagement pictures I had taken of both couples. Now, as the photographer, this made me very nervous because I didn't know who they were using to get the book printed and if they used somewhere like Kodak, Fred Myer, Costco or somewhere like that... it would have been embarrassing for me because their printing quality is NOT reliable and it would have made my photos look cheap and like crap. However, I was so excited when I saw the books! They were amazing! The printing quality was outstanding and my photos looked exactly like how I edited them! It was a photographer's dream come true! :-)





They were made through Blurb, http://www.blurb.com/ and I have to say, if you want an album made, Blurb is totally worth it! I also recommend going through iPhoto on your Mac, I've used them for a few photo books and they also have amazing print quality. However, I feel like their layouts don't allow for as much control or creativity as Blurb's do. Obviously, you can use whatever program you want, but please please please do NOT sacrifice quality for price. Paying for good printing is so important... these are your memories, you want them to last.

Comments

Popular Posts